- What personal information is collected from you through our website
- How the information is used and with whom the information may be shared
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect your information
Although we will comply with this privacy statement in respect of information provided to us by persons under the age of 18 years, those persons must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian prior to using our website and the parent or guardian will be responsible for appropriately supervising the person’s use of our website.
Information Collection and Use
What personal information do we collect?
Natio collects personal information (meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable) if you (for example):
- join ‘my natio’ or another Natio mailing list if you’d like to receive information about special offers and new product releases, we may collect your name, email address, postcode, gender and age;
- make an online purchase through our website, we will collect your name, contact details, order details, payment details and delivery address;
- send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback through our online form or via our Customer Service Centre, we will collect your name, contact details, details of your enquiry or feedback and information about our response;
- enter a competition or complete a survey, in online or printed format, we may collect your name and contact details;
- apply for a job at Natio, we will collect the information you include in your job application, including your and your referee’s contact details; or
- act as a Natio supplier or Natio corporate customer contact; we will collect your name and contact details.
However, we will not collect sensitive information from you unless:
- you have given express consent for us to do so and the information is reasonably necessary for us to carry out our functions or activities; or
- the use of information is otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.
Why do we collect personal information?
We will not collect personal information unless the information is reasonably necessary for or directly related to one or more of our functions or activities. For example, we collect personal information in order to:
- provide the products offered on our website and in any other forum to you directly or via our wholesale business customers and distribution channels. For example, we request information from you when you make an online purchase. This information is used for billing purposes, communication and to fill your order. If we have difficulty processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with you;
- manage communications and promotional activities. For example, from time to time, our website or the "my.natio.com.au" website may request information from you via surveys or competitions. Participation is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information or demographic information (such as postcode, age level). Contact information will be used to notify winners and award prizes.
- enhance and improve your use of the website and our products, for example through use of survey information we can monitor or improve the use and satisfaction of this site.;
- respond to any questions, comments or queries submitted on our website or by any other means;
- disperse marketing materials and keep you informed about new products;
- for internal business purposes, for example, to process job applications; and
- as required or authorised by law, including under the Australian Privacy Principles.
How do we collect personal information?
We will generally collect personal information directly from you, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. We may also collect personal information from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives or publicly available sources of information. When we have collected personal information about you, we will notify you at the point of collection, or as soon as practicable, to ensure that you are aware of such collection and its purpose.
What if we receive unsolicited personal information?
If we receive or are provided with personal information that we did not ask for and we determine that we could have collected this information from you had we asked for it, we will notify you as soon as practicable. If we could not have collected this personal information, we will lawfully de-identify or destroy the personal information.
Can I interact with Natio anonymously?
We will allow anonymous interaction whenever lawful and practicable, however failure to provide sufficient details may restrict the availability and quality of the services to be provided.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors and to better understand how and when our site is used as well as to keep you informed of events and activities via advertising. This information is not linked to any personal information you may provide and cannot be used to identify you. You should be able to configure your computer so that it disables cookies or does not accept them.
Natio's database tracks the traffic through our website. This information is used to compile overall statistics. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the site and track users' movement in the aggregate. The statistics help us determine which products and services best serve our members and guests. Natio also uses aggregate information from demographic surveys, traffic patterns and IP addresses to improve and customise our site.
Disclosure of Information
- we may provide certain information about you, including your personal information to our related bodies corporate;
- if you choose to receive services from our third party partners, then we may provide your personal information to these third parties. These third parties are not allowed to use personal information except for the purpose of providing the services requested or as otherwise permitted by you; and
- we use external shipping companies to ship orders and a credit card processing company to process your purchases of our products. It is necessary for us to provide your personal information to these companies in order that we can process and deliver your order. These companies are not allowed to retain, share, store or use personal information for any secondary purposes.
Disclosure of Information Overseas
We do not currently disclose personal information to overseas recipients and at this stage do not intend to do so .
Third Party Sites
Although our website may link directly to websites operated by third parties (Linked Sites) you acknowledge that Linked Sites are not operated by us. We encourage you to always read the applicable privacy statement of any Linked Site on entering the Linked Site. We are not responsible for the content or practices of the Linked Sites nor their privacy policies regarding the collection, storage, use and dissemination of your personal information.
Subscription and direct marketing
If a user wishes to subscribe to "my.natio.com.au", we ask for some contact information.
By ordering products on the Natio website, customers agree for their email address to automatically be added to the "my.natio.com.au" database.
We may use personal information about you for the primary purpose of providing you with our services, and for which you would reasonably expect us to use that information for, including sending you information about our new developments, products, services and special offers by post, telephone or any form of electronic communication. We may use any email address or other personal information you provide to us at any time for this purpose.
You can, at any time, opt out of receiving marketing material by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details below or using our functional unsubscribe facilities set out in our electronic mail. You agree and acknowledge that even if you opt out of receiving marketing material, we will still send you essential information that we are legally required to send you relating to the services we provide. Once you opt out of receiving marketing material from us, you agree and acknowledge that this removal from our database may take up to 10 business days after the date you requested to be removed.
Natio takes reasonable precautions to protect your information (although, given the nature of the internet, security cannot be guaranteed). When you submit personal information via our website, this information is protected both online and off-line. When our checkout process requires users to enter personal information (such as a credit card numbers and other personal details), the information is encrypted and protected using Secure Socket Layers (SSL). While on a secure page, such as our order form, a lock icon appears on the bottom of your Web browser. When you are not on a secure page, no lock icon will appear.
We also take reasonable precautions to protect user information off-line, and particularly to assist in your personal information not being accessed by unauthorised personnel, lost or misused. Finally, the servers that we store personal information on are kept in a secure environment under restricted access. If you have any questions or concerns about security on our website, or if you reasonably believe that there has been unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, feel free to contact us (see details below).
Accessing, correcting and updating your personal information
You have a right to access the personal information we hold about you subject to any exemptions allowed under the Privacy Act. You may request access to this information by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details provided below. If you request access to the personal information we hold about you, we will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time and, where reasonable and practicable, give access to the information in the manner you request. If your request is particularly complex or requires a detailed searching of our records, we may charge a reasonable fee for providing that information.
If your personal information changes, we provide a way to correct or update your personal information. This can be done by logging in to your account and editing your profile. Please contact us (see details below) if you have reason to believe your personal information held by us is not accurate, complete and up to date, and if this is the case we will take reasonable steps to correct it within 14 days.
If a user no longer desires our services, then we can also delete or deactivate that user’s account on request, in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
If you wish to access or update your personal information, or you believe your privacy has been breached and wish to make a complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time, usually within 30 days.
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, or you do not receive a response to your complaint within 30 days, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
If you would like further information on this Policy or if you have any concerns over the protection of your personal information, please contact
The Privacy Officer
Natio Pty Ltd
110 Dougharty Road
Heidelberg West, Victoria 3081
Telephone: (+61) 3 9415 9911or send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If, however, the changes may be adverse to you, for example, we propose to use your personal information in a different way to that which you were first notified, we will obtain current and specific consent to this use.