using essential oils safely
Pure essential oils deliver the finest natural aromas along with numerous mood-enhancing and
well-being benefits, however they are very potent, so please take note of the below:
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, seek professional advice before using essential oils.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Pets can be more sensitive to Essential Oils than people. Always consult your vet prior to use and follow label instructions.
- Store essential oils in a cool, dry place, out of sunlight.
- As with all open flames, handle ceramic candle burner with care.
- Some citrus essential oils can cause photosensitivity when applied to the skin and the skin is then exposed to UV rays from the sun or other sources. Photosensitivity can create skin irritations like redness, burning, itching, blistering, skin discolouration and inflammation. It is recommended to not expose skin to UV rays for 12 hours following application of photosensitising Lemongrass and Lemon Myrtle essential oils.